Industrial expansion, commissioning of new power plants and expansion of transport systems are changing our climate due to the emission of large quantities of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. If greenhouse emissions are not brought under control, climate change will accelerate with devastating impact on civilisation. Urgent action is required, if we are to avert the threat this poses to humans and the world’s ecology.
The 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference held in Paris negotiated a global agreement on reducing climate change. The organisation committee has agreed to set a goal of limiting global warming to less than 2degC compared to pre-industrial level.
Sustainable development and innovative energy solutions are crucial to reducing climate change. The WSSET Innovation Awards recognise the achievements of private individuals and organisations in new sustainable technologies and encourage the wider application of these new developments. The WSSET Awards include innovations in the following categories:
- Renewable energy systems (e.g., solar, wind and biomass)
- Power generation technologies (e.g., CHP systems, fuel cells, and anaerobic digestion plants)
- Energy efficiency (e.g., heat pumps and hybrid solar/gas systems)
- Low carbon buildings and future cities (e.g., low/zero carbon buildings, sustainable cities)
- Water treatment and desalination (e.g., solar water desalination)
- Sustainable materials (e.g., innovative composite materials and aerogels)
- Waste management and water recycling (e.g., households and construction waste management)
- Agri-food technologies (e.g., innovative greenhouses and food drying)
Attached entry form for the 3rd WSSET Innovation Awards 2018
WSSET 2018 – Award Entry Form Download entry form
Deadline for entries: Saturday 31st March 2018
The Awards will be assessed by a panel of judges from academic institutions, industry and Government departments. The Awards will be presented at the Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET) conference in Wuhan, China, in August 2018.
A certificate and plaque will be awarded to the winners. The Awards will be widely publicised through WSSET website, newsletters and the media.