Free Open Access Publication
Future Cities and Environment – Open Competition for PhD Review Papers
Future Cities and Environment journal is launching a competition to find the two best Review papers from current PhD students, aiming for publication in early 2021. Selected papers will be published open access, with the Article Processing Charge (APC) being 100% waived.
We are now inviting all PhD students to submit high quality review articles on topics including:
- Sustainable and resilient cities
- Sustainable urban systems and infrastructure
- Green and sustainable buildings and materials
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Smart and responsive buildings
- Energy demand and use optimization
- Waste management and recycling
- Energy and carbon savings incentive
- Energy and environment policies
The deadline for submissions is 31st March 2021.
All submissions will be sent for external peer review, with the best two papers being selected by a panel from the Editorial Board. These papers will be accepted for publication (pending revisions) with no APC applied. All papers not selected as ‘winners’ but considered of high quality will be offered the option to continue the editorial process (APC applicable) or to withdraw their paper.
Please mention your application to this competition in the cover letter during the submission process so that it is officially entered.
Please visit the journal website for author guidelines: https://futurecitiesandenvironment.com/
Future Cities and Environment is widely indexed, with Scopus currently providing a CiteScore of 0.9 - https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21100932523