WSSET Terry Payne Award – Young Researchers / PhD Students in Developing Countries*
The successful candidates for these Awards will receive prize money of £500 and an Award Certificate and will be invited to participate in the SET 2021 conference in Istanbul, Turkey. The Awards will be advertised widely via WSSET website/Newsletter, SET 2021 conference and other social media channels.
This competition is open to all PhD students and researchers** in developing countries* who are also members of WSSET. The Award recognises the research innovation that our members in these countries are carrying out. There is £500 cash award to each of the top two (2) entries in any of the following areas:
- Renewable energy systems (e.g., solar, wind and biomass)
- Power generation technologies (e.g., CHP systems, fuel cells and anaerobic digestion plants)
- Energy efficiency (e.g., heat pumps and hybrid solar/gas systems)
- Low carbon buildings and future cities (e.g., low/zero carbon buildings, sustainable cities)
- Water treatment and desalination (e.g., solar water desalination)
- Sustainable materials (e.g., innovative composite materials and aerogels)
- Waste management and water recycling (e.g., households and construction waste management)
- Agri-food technologies (e.g., innovative greenhouses and food drying)
Please click here to download an entry form 2021 – deadline for submissions: 31st March 2021
*Click here for a list of eligible countries
**Researchers & PhD students include currently registered students and up to 4 years after completing PhD.
Evidence of student registration must be submitted.